EIA - Environmental Impact Assessment
Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) is one of the initial steps preceding implementation of a planned activity (of an investment) or of a change thereof.
The Act on environmental impact assessment (related legal regulations) lays down that it is the obligation of the investor of a project having certain capacity or dimension characteristics, depending on the severity of environmental impacts of the planned activity, to draw up the following:
• Announcement about change of planned activity,
• Assessment Report.
These are extensive documents counting numerous attachments; however, their extent may differ depending on the type and size of the planned operation (or of the planned change). EIA documentation includes also a comparison with Best Available Techniques (BAT).
Outcome of the EIA process is either a Decision by the Regional Environmental Office or a Final Report issued by the Slovak Ministry of Environment. The report comprises conditions and obligations to be met by the operator at the next levels of activity implementation (investment implementation).
EKOCONSULT-enviro, a.s. offers the following services in this field:
• preparation of the announcement about change of planned activity, providing the first official information about the cahnge of the
planned activity and its impacts
• preparation of the scoping, which includes information about the planned activity and its impacts
• preparation of the assessment report, which includes the assessment of potential effects onto the environment
• consultations and discussing the announcement about change of planned activity / scoping / report with the with parties involved in the
Assessment process (pertinent authorities involved authorities)
• participation in the public hearing and keeping of minutes from the public hearing
Selected important underlying documents that are key to EIA documentation processing are listed here.