Well-functioning management systems provide the organization with a number of benefits, such as a good profile of the company and improved public relations, competitive edge on competitive markets, reduced cost of insurance, fulfillment of investment criteria and loan conditions, conformance to regulations and improved environmental efficiency of processes.
Selected management systems implemented based on international standards:
Environmental management system (EMS or EMAS)
Quality management system (QMS)
Occupational health and safety management system (OHSAS)
Integrated management system
EKOCONSULT-enviro, a.s. offers in EMS/EMAS/QMS/OHSAS field:
• comprehensive implementation of the single systems
• comprehensive consulting and consultations in implementing the integrated
• consulting and consultations in drawing up the documentation
• preparation of staff and internal auditors
• performance of internal audits
Implementation process of a management system may lead to system certification according to the applicable international standard or in case of EMAS implementation, to company registration on national and European level according to applicable legislation (related standards).
To implement, certify and maintain the system successfully, especially the following is necessary:
• Committed management
• Compliance with all legislative requirements
• Compliance with international standard requirements for the implemented system
• Meet set objectives and improve continuously
• Undergo the certification or control audit on a regular basis
EKOCONSULT-enviro, a.s. is the holder of:
• Certificate issued by the Slovak Ministry of Environment concerning implementation of environmentally focused management
system and performance of audits at SME’s
• Certificate to train trainers on QMS issued by the Institute for Normalisation and Metrology, in cooperation with the German
Normalisation Institute (DIN) und Austrian Standards Institute (ON).
Example of a time schedule to implement an environmental management system in a medium-sized company are listed here.